Friday, May 6, 2011

The Crier

The Meeting: I am -in no way- a sappy, emotional, lovey-dovey kinda girl. So when I met “The Crier,” I didn’t know what I was getting into. This guy approached me while I was enjoying a Guinness. He was sipping on a Woodchuck. This should have been a red flag. Attempting to be smooth he offered to buy me a drink; a Snake Bite, a Guinness/Woodchuck version of a Black and Tan. I found his symbolic gesture both clever and nauseating, but he was cute, so in the end-he won me over.

Memorable Moments: It was the “The Crier,” who first introduced me to Soul-still one of my favorite Charlotte restaurants.

Pros: He was a late night meal genius, and a girl’s gotta eat.

Cons: The night he dropped the “I love you,”…I was in no way ready for it, and when I couldn’t return the sentiment “The Crier,” earned his name. From there on, every instance in which I didn’t say “I love you” back, I was subject to a flood. And as time went on if I was having a bad day and didn’t want to talk about it, he cried. If I didn’t call him back immediately, he pouted and followed it up with a good cry. But our drenched battles weren’t the only emotional annihilation to our relationship. This guy’s reoccurring dialogue: “What’s wrong?” or “I’m just sort of down today, can we talk about it?” and “what are you thinking about right now?” I’m thinking the next time I buy tampons-I’ll buy extra. Some girls love the emotional guys-but not this one, and this brutal breakup resulted in one storm I needed an umbrella to weather.

Raw Score: 3/10. With my friends, this guy has been “The Crier” so long most of them have forgotten his real name.  And they aren't the only ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment