Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Bartender

Subject 2: The Bartender

• The Meeting: The service industry-where the job description includes: late nights, dealing with drunken people, and cleaning up after them. One good thing came from it all; I met “The Bartender.” Not your standard attractive bartender either, but what this guy lacked in glamour he made up for in personality. Of course he did, it was his job to shamelessly flirt with girls- and the guy was good at what he did. Nine years my elder, I waited for my shifts to end just so I could take a seat at his bar. I attempted to disguise my crush with the “I’m freshly twenty-one and want to stay bar-side…no, really” mentality. When found out-my school girl crush became ego-boost central for this guy. Thus began our three week relationship…

• Memorable Moments: Many nights of coercing my friends to join me at the bar and beaming with pride when he poured us shots on the house. Our first kiss came while he serenaded me with songs from the jukebox, exceptionally loud and off key. Who says romance is dead?

• Pros: Free liquor and free beer-whats not to love? True to bartender form, he was a blast. I never stopped laughing.


• Cons: Who was I kidding? It was doomed from the get-go. If the age difference didn’t squash it right away, he was still the bartender who used his charm to pay the bills. The sheer amount of money I spent tipping this guy would make you sick to your stomach. True Story. I’m kinda queasy right now thinking about it. He was also a sloppy kisser, and may have had a drinking problem. Go figure.


• Raw Score: 4/10. My friends are quite thankful for “The Bartender” weeks, the constant ridicule and the low blows-they never get old.

No comments:

Post a Comment