Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Pretty Boy

Subject 3: The Pretty Boy

• The Meeting: I became friends with an awesome group of people during sophomore year and we managed to stay pretty close. One of them had a lot of visiting friends from her hometown and when they came-it was by the dozen. One reoccurring visitor I took a liking to, and the feeling was mutual. Equipped with big blue eyes, one incredible chest, and one shaggy-Hollister haircut -hey, it was cool back then, meet “The Pretty Boy.”

• Memorable Moments: He did take me on my first skiing adventure, no wait…wrong guy. Yeah…I’ve got nothing.


• Pros: Did I mention he was pretty?

• Cons: This guy should really thank his parents for their good genes because what this “Pretty Boy” packed in his appearance he lacked in mind. There was no stimulating conversation, no talk about books or films, in fact as I sit here and try to remember what it was we did talk about I remember conversations like “I was thinking I would dye my hair black? What do you think?” My favorite instance: “Pretty Boy” picks up Abercrombie and Fitch bag donning shirtless guy and asks “I’m better looking than this guy...right?” This weight-lifting, mirror-carrying guy was your Jersey Shore, sans hair gel. His day to day was totally the GTL mentality; and he was very serious about the Abercrombie bag aspirations. We’ve all heard stories of people like Brooklyn Decker who were just walking through the mall when suddenly discovered, right? Well, “The Pretty Boy,” believed this so fiercely that you could find him walking through the store for more than hour long sessions multiple times a week in hopes of catching someone’s eye. And who do you think had to pick up the pieces after failed attempts of browsing the mall/model go-sees? His unappreciated girlfriend, that’s who.

• Raw Score: 4/10. Oh, and yes he did dye his hair black.

No comments:

Post a Comment